Randwick and District Historical Society Inc. was founded in 1957 and aims to document the history of Randwick City including
Randwick, Clovelly, Coogee, Kensington, Kingsford, Maroubra, Malabar, Matraville, La Perouse and nearby areas.
The Society's Management Committee includes: President, Peter Khan; Hon. Secretary, Hazel Brombey; Treasurer, Fiona Archinal;
Vice-President, Yvonne Jones and members: Georgina keep, Judith Neville, Margot Phillips, Greg Bond, and Ellen Waugh.
The Society has a modern centre on Level 2 of the Bowen Library at Maroubra which includes research facilities and
material. It is staffed by volunteers who undertake research and administrative work and maintain its collections.
The Society welcomes new volunteers to assist in its work.
The Society is funded mainly from the subscriptions and donations of its members and the sale of publications.
The Society is affiliated with the Royal Australian Historical Society and the History Council of NSW.
Fees & Charges:
- Use of Research Facilities:
- Students, Concessions $2
- Members Free
- Photocopies: A4 - 20c, A3 - 40c
- Reproduction of Photographs, Images and Objects: Medium Resolution digital images for personal reference use only: $10.
Commercial use copies and high resolution digital images: on application.
- Digital Copies of items, without a flash: 20c per page for printed items.
- Research Fees:
Research can be undertaken at $A20 per hour plus cost of certificates, photocopies and return airmail postage. Please send your research request and initial payment of $A20.00 plus SAE. Please include return mail address.
ABN: 70 012 812 514 - Not registered for GST
- Mayor of Randwick, Councillor Lindsay Shurey
- Member for Kingsford-Smith, Matt Thistlethwaite, MHR
- Member for Wentworth, Malcolm Turnbull, MHR
- Member for Coogee, Bruce Notley-Smith, MLA
- Member for Maroubra, Hon. Michael Daley, MLA
Constitution of the Society: Download a copy here.